It was hot, very hot these last weeks, and even if our distant ancestors lived in the desert, we have to protect ourselves from the heat during the day all the same. Here’s a brief reminder of summer best practice ; this advice is also valid for bipeds.
5 tips to bear the heat better in summer
- Always have some water available to hydrate you (inside and outside).
- Stay in the shade and cool during the hottest hours of the day : the cool of the ground under bushes, or the cool of the stone floor in the house are very pleasant and contribute to your comfort. And if you’re lucky enough to have conditioned air, enjoy it !
- Reduce your activity : keep your energy for playing or hunting at dawn, twilight, or during the night.
- Ask your human to keep the house as cool as possible by closing blinds or shutters.
- Ask your human to pet you regularly with a wet wash glove : that’s so good !
- And why not to play with some water to cool your paws ? A basin with some water, toys which float, treats to be caught in small cups, here we are !