You know what a chain reaction is ? No ? I’ll explain…
First, television has shown serious signs of weakness. As long as we had to change it, Claire and Momo thought they could take a bigger one. They realized that the current furniture would be too small.
Since the cheap cabinets in Momo’s office had already been patched up many times and they were no longer really closing, our humans thought they could be replaced by the cabinets in the living room. So they made that change. Our living room looked like this :
After a trip to Ikea, a few hours of putting shelves together, and a good series of swearing, our living room was back to normal. You could again pass from the cat tree (right) to the staircase (left). But we could no longer go on our beloved cabinets, as they were now in Momo’s office…
Momo then decided to catify his office ; instead, see what he did so that we could walk around our cabinets again :
Cool, huh ?
It’s gonna be hot there ! MeteoSwiss announces a heat wave for the whole of next week : temperatures will exceed 30 degrees during the day and 20 degrees at night.
Although we can handle heat better than dogs, we also suffer when it’s too hot. We cannot lower our body temperature by sweating like a human, because we only sweat from paw pads, which is not enough. In the worst case scenario, we can even have a dangerous heat stroke.
The tips that apply to humans are the same for cats : stay cool and hydrated.
How to protect your cat from the heat ?
Here are a few simple things to do :
- If possible, encourage your cat to chill inside the house.
- Close windows and shutters to prevent heat from entering the house too much.
- Turn on air conditioning if you have one (not too cold!).
- Pet your cat with a damp washcloth.
- Encourage your cat to drink and play with water : put an ice cube in his water bowl, place toys in a water basin, place water bowls in different places where your cat likes to rest, if possible in the shade.
- Offer your cat a cooling mat : you can find some in pet stores, or put gel pockets you place in the freezer under his favourite blanket (folded in two or four).
You will find other useful information in our other articles :
In our relationship, it’s always Pixie who comes to get hugs or asks me to give her a bath.
I gladly do it : I start with the ears…
… I continue with the top and back of the head…
… but sometimes I get a little excited, and my approach looks more and more like a wrestling match.
Pixie tries to break free, I get clutchy, she squirms, and finally, it ends like this !
Do grooming sessions ever turn into wrestling at your home ?